Leelanau Women Artists, (LWA) is an organization created to promote Leelanau County women in the arts through education, exhibition, professional development and documentation. Founded in 2010 with a Grant from Genuine Leelanau Charitable Fund to create a website for the purpose of promoting Leelanau County women artists.
- Create a network of collectors, dealers and artists.
- Professional development.
- Publicize information about the artists and events through the website.
- Produce quality exhibitions of our work.
- Facilitate marketing of members work locally and nationally.
- Residing full or part time in Leelanau county
- Artist working with professional Intent
- 9 artwork images for website - along with title, medium and size
- 1 photo of artist
- Contact information - phone, email and website address
- Artist Statement
- Artist Interview
- $25 Application Fee
- $60 Annual Fee
- Contribute 25 email contacts to our list to be used for group marketing efforts.
- Acceptance pending steering committee approval
- General Membership - is capped at 20 women who live (or have lived) in the Leelanau County, and are working artists interested in promoting & selling their work in galleries & shows, as well as promoting each other as artists.
- Recruitment & Jury - 2 to 3 members will be responsible for recruiting appropriate new candidates for membership, and 2 to 3 members will guide prospective members through the jury process and determine if the candidate’s work is appropriate for LWA. Renie Cutler is the primary contact at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Communications - The primary form of communications for all LWA activities will be email, and all members are responsible for promptly reading & responding to email messages.
- Responsibilities - Members are in good standing when they are current with their dues obligation, attend as many meetings as possible during the year, and contribute the time and energy to promote our collaborative artistic activities. All members must serve on at least one committee each year.
- Costs - Annual dues are $60, payable by March 15th. Members who fail to pay promptly each year will forfeit their membership and their website exposure.